Event Alerts for Mobile Phones
Even if you do have a Twitter account, you can use Twitter Fast Follow to receive messages from our dedicated event alert account (@WDWCAlerts) as text messages (SMS messages) on your phone. More information on Twitter Fast Follow can be found at the Twitter Help Center, from which these directions were derived.
To get started:
- Text Follow @WDWCAlerts to the Twitter shortcode for your country (US is 40404, Canada is 21212, UK is 86444; click the link for others) and you will start receiving Tweets from us on your device.
Some notes on Fast Follow:
- Fast Follow users have a limit to how many updates they can receive daily. If you have hit your limit, you will receive the message “You've reached your daily limit for Tweet notifications”. If you would like to receive more updates just reply with your full name and follow the instructions to upgrade to a full Twitter account.
Have a fast follow account but want to upgrade to a full Twitter account?
Fast Follow mobile commands
Below you’ll see all of the SMS commands you can use as a fast follower. All other SMS commands, including those for registered users, can be found here.
- Follow [username] - allows you to receive updates from that user.
- OFF or STOP or LEAVE - turns off receiving updates from the users you are following.
- ON - will turn on device updates and you will start receiving tweets again.
- WHOIS [username] - retrieves the profile information of the user.
- STATS - returns the number of people that you are following.
- GET [username] - retrieves the latest update that user has posted.
To remove your phone and fast follower list from Twitter:
- Sending STOP twice in succession to your shortcode will delete your follower list and remove your phone number from Twitter. You will no longer receive updates from us.
- You can send Follow [username] anytime and start receiving updates again!