Event Alerts for Twitter Users
If you have a Twitter account and a mobile phone that can receive text messages, you can have Twitter forward tweets from our dedicated event alert account (@WDWCAlerts) as text messages (SMS messages) to your phone. More information on using Twitter via SMS can be found at the Twitter Help Center.
First, you must connect your mobile phone to your Twitter account.
Then, follow these directions, taken from the Twitter Help Center:
Turning on notifications to receive Tweets from a specific person on your phone:
Via the web:
- Visit your Settings page.
- Click the Mobile tab.
- Look for the area labelled Text message notifications.
- Check the box for Tweets from people you've enabled for mobile notifications to receive text message notifications any time a specific person Tweets.
- Visit the @WDWCAlerts Profile page at https://twitter.com/WDWCAlerts (or click through from your Following page if you already follow us).
- Click the profile icon and select Turn on SMS Tweets from the drop-down menu.
- Text ON @WDWCAlerts to the shortcode for your area (US is 40404, Canada is 21212, UK is 86444; click the link for others).